Ensuring fair grades for mobile students: grade conversion in a nutshell
Fee€ 50 (member), € 80 (non-member)
- Student experience
What's in store for you?
The more mobile students become, the greater the demand for ‘fair’ grades awarded during students’ study abroad experiences. The new Erasmus+ programme (2014–2020) has the objective to increase mobility and improve grading and grade conversion. During this webinar you will gain a solution for performing more accurate grade conversions. You will be given hands-on examples of how to prepare and perform the grade conversion and will be provided with information on the European Grading Conversion System (Egracons) project. You will also receive the ECTS User’s guide (2009 and 2015 versions), a document with instructions for making grading tables, as well as a template for the grading tables.
Is this webinar for you?
The webinar is aimed at:
- All professionals that work with mobile students and with students that apply for study abroad within their university.
- People that work in student administration and in international offices.
- Those who are involved in preparing ‘transcripts of records’ and diploma supplements.
After having participated in this webinar, you will:
- Be able to explain the way grade conversion is carried out.
- Understand the pre-requisites to make a conversion.
- Know the technical details for setting up a distribution table in your university.
- Understand how the Egracons project is set up and how it works.
- Understand how the presented approach helps to offer students correct and fair grades and be able to formulate some critical questions regarding this method.