How to ensure effective integration of refugees on your campus (FREE)
- Learning, teaching & curriculum
- Student experience
What you’ll learn
Nearly 1.3 million people sought asylum in Europe in 2015 and the flow of refugees shows no signs of slowing. This webinar addresses the practical challenges – and benefits – of integrating the ever-increasing numbers of refugee students into European higher education communities. Through a discussion of institutional best practices and frameworks, existing refugee support programmes and the roles of key stakeholders, you’ll get the knowledge and tools you need to plan and provide for the integration of refugees at your institution. You’ll also explore how effectively incorporating refugee students is essential to their long-term success, fosters truly global learning environments and creates tremendous value for institutions and societies.
- Avoid common pitfalls in hosting and integrating refugees
- Identify cost-effective solutions for mentoring, language training and career support
- Understand the connection between integration and developing career perspectives
- Further internationalisation at home by effectively integrating refugees on your campus
How to get the most out of this webinar
The webinar presents an ideal opportunity for academic and administrative staff, university leadership and any stakeholders working with universities on issues related to refugees and other vulnerable migrants to learn about practical solutions to refugee integration and support on university campuses, particularly in light of the current crisis facing Europe.