Constance Meldrum Award for Vision and Leadership
This award was launched in honour of Constance Meldrum, a staunch supporter of the EAIE during her years at the European Commission where she worked diligently for international education. Her substantial bequest to the EAIE supports this award, which recognises inspiring leaders who have made an outstanding contribution to demonstrating and developing vision and leadership in the field of international higher education. Only EAIE members may submit nominations.
- The nominee has a proven record of providing leadership and inspiration to others.
- Is widely recognised as a person who has contributed to both leadership processes and results in international education with dedication, innovation and perseverance.
- The nominee has been active in international higher education leadership for at least 10 years with a documented record of high professional standards.
- Has been involved with the EAIE and its activities, but is not required to be a member.
The winner will receive
- Prize money of €1000.
- Extensive visibility via all EAIE online channels.
Receiving a European award at the end of my professional work in the field of higher education means a lot to me. I feel especially honoured to win this award, as I had the pleasure of cooperating very closely with Constance.
Formerly German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Germany
Winner of the 2015 Constance Meldrum Award for Vision and Leadership
Valencia University of Technology, Spain
European Commission, Belgium
European Access Network, Sweden
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands
Latvian Rectors' Council, Latvia
Norwegian Center for International Cooperation in Higher Education, Norway
Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen, Germany
University of Oslo, Norway