Institutional Award for Innovation in Internationalisation
This award recognises and rewards higher education institutions which are actively engaged in the practice of internationalisation. Institutions with a demonstrable track record in strategic innovation in the internationalisation of higher education will be considered.
Receiving this award instills us with great pride: it signifies the success of our intensive efforts to internationalise and rebrand the university as ‘Göttingen University: Education for the Global World’.
Winner of the 2015 Institutional Award for Innovation in Internationalisation
The nominee is a European higher education institution that demonstrates institutional best practice within a European context. Implementation of the innovative practice has occurred within the last five years with tangible outcomes. The Awards and Talent Committee will take the following criteria into consideration during their assessment:
- The introduction of academic and/or support programmes which have enhanced the international impact of the institution, thus attracting international students, faculty and staff.
- The establishment of partnerships and alliances to promote international higher education, share best practice, and positively affect institutional development.
- The integration of internationalisation in strategic planning, infrastructure development, research, curriculum, staff development, teaching, student experience and learning outcomes as well as alumni relations.
- Positive development through providing information on key performance indicators for internationalisation.
- The inclusion of specific internationalisation elements in its quality assurance mechanisms.
The nominee should address how the initiatives span the entire institution and demonstrate relevant data to support the practice.
The winning institution will receive
- Two fee waivers to the EAIE Annual Conference.
- The opportunity to share its success story at a special session of the EAIE Annual Conference.
- Extensive visibility via all EAIE online channels.