Institutional Award for Innovation in Internationalisation
It is no longer possible to submit a nomination for the Institutional Award. As the nomination process consists of two rounds, the EAIE Awards & Talent Committee will ask a small number of selected candidates for additional documentation to support their nomination. The call for 2017 Award nominations is now closed. All nominations will be evaluated by the EAIE Awards and Talent Committee and Award winners will be announced on the EAIE blog in August. Stay tuned!
The nominee is a European higher education institution that demonstrates institutional best practice within a European context. Implementation of the innovative practice has occurred within the last five years with tangible outcomes. The Awards and Talent Committee will take the following criteria into consideration during their assessment:
- The introduction of academic and/or support programmes which have enhanced the international impact of the institution, thus attracting international students, faculty and staff.
- The establishment of partnerships and alliances to promote international higher education, share best practice, and positively affect institutional development.
- The integration of internationalisation in strategic planning, infrastructure development, research, curriculum, staff development, teaching, student experience and learning outcomes as well as alumni relations.
- Positive development through providing information on key performance indicators for internationalisation.
- The inclusion of specific internationalisation elements in its quality assurance mechanisms.
The nominee should address how the initiatives span the entire institution and demonstrate relevant data to support the practice.
The winning institution will receive
- Two fee waivers to the EAIE Annual Conference.
- The opportunity to share its success story at a special session of the EAIE Annual Conference.
- Extensive visibility via all EAIE online channels.
We feel very honoured with this distinction. U. Porto aims at being recognised as a key institution for outstanding Education, Research, Innovation and also the meeting point of different cultures.