Playing the detective: spotting fraud in Chinese diplomas
Fee€ 50 (member), € 80 (non-member)
- Admissions & accreditation
What's in store for you?
Discover the key issues when dealing with possible fraudulent diplomas from China. Gain useful tips to help you discover fraud, for example by understanding the methodology of the system behind the registration number on the diplomas. Various Chinese verification databases on national, provincial and institutional levels will be examined. You will also be able to view a sample of a regular undergraduate diploma set against a Chinese diploma from a Project 211 university with a different layout.
The webinar will comprise of a presentation, sample documents with annotations, exercises, polls and a Q&A session. A hand-out with a list of links to verification databases, further reading about ‘wild chicken universities’ and a document with Chinese educational terminology will be provided.
Is this webinar for you?
The webinar is aimed at credential evaluators/admission officers (beginners/advanced level) who are dealing with Chinese credentials in their work.
By the end of the webinar you will be able to:
- Identify important Chinese educational terminology in documents
- Identify the mistakes made in fraudulent education documents
- Use different verification possibilities for Chinese diplomas
- Identify ‘wild chicken universities’ and their non-legitimate diplomas