EAIE Barometer: Internationalisation in Europe
The survey for the EAIE Barometer: second edition is now closed. A special thank you to all those who took part in the survey! We look forward to sharing the full study with you in Autumn 2018. If you have completed the survey you will receive your FREE benchmarking report in Febuary.
Project period: Spring 2017–Autumn 2018
The EAIE Barometer: second edition
The EAIE is currently developing the second edition of the EAIE Barometer: Internationalisation in Europe. This study, conducted in partnership with IFF Research, a leading research agency, will examine the state of higher education internationalisation in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The second edition will build upon the results of the first edition, published in 2015, in order to detail changes and growth within the field as well as project trends in the coming years. It will address the full institutional journey of internationalisation from the goals, actions, and priorities to the progress made in pursuing them. It is an invaluable resource for practitioners and policy-makers developing and delivering internationalisation at their organisations.
Topics that will be explored:
- Institutional context
- Internationalisation strategy
- Organisation and management
- Quality assessment of internationalisation
- European Union (EU) and national policy
- Challenges of internationalisation
- Impact and future of internationalisation
Keep up with the latest EAIE Barometer news by following the hashtag: #EAIEBarometer
The EAIE Barometer: first edition
Based on a wealth of data and information gathered in 2014, the first EAIE Barometer: Internationalisation in Europe focuses on the state of internationalisation in Europe, key developments and challenges in the field, as well as the specific skills and needs of staff involved in internationalisation. The report was informed by 2411 survey respondents from 33 countries: 2093 employees of higher education institutions and 318 from other organisations involved with international higher education.
The report provides valuable insights into developments in the field, actual practices employed by European institutions and tools required for the further professionalisation of internationalisation.
Access the report
The first edition of the EAIE Barometer is available for purchase in paperback format. EAIE members save 30% on the price. Get a sneak peek of the results by watching the free EAIE Barometer webinar or downloading the Executive Summary.
- Revealing the state of internationalisation in Europe: the EAIE Barometer results are out
- Top priorities in higher education internationalisation in Europe
- Infographic: Knowledge and skills among internationalisation staff in Central and Eastern Europe
- EAIE Barometer data used in European Parliament report
- The state of internationalisation in the UK
- The state of internationalisation in Italy