Keeping up with news and trends in international higher education can be a challenging task taking into account the time constraints of our jobs. Plus, finding the relevant and trustworthy sources adds to the struggle. To make your work easier, we compiled a list of online resources you can rely on to catch on the news and gain useful tips during your busy days.
- University World News: offers global news reports, analysis, research features and round-ups on key issues and reports on higher education topics ranging from top world-ranking universities to institutions in more marginalised parts of the globe.
- The Chronicle for Higher Education (US-focused): source of news and information for college and university faculty members and administrators. It also features the global WorldWise blog, which delivers posts on higher education aspects and news from around the world.
- Inside Higher Ed (US-focused): offers news and feature stories, provocative daily commentary and practical career columns. It also features the World View blog, a blog from the Center for International Higher Education.
- The Guardian Higher Education Network (UK-focused): offers guest blogs, advice and interviews and hosts regular live Q&As with industry experts to debate the issues facing the sector.
- Times Higher Education (UK-focused): delivers in-depth news, analyses, book reviews and opinion on topics ranging from policy issues to worldwide intellectual developments.
- The Pie News (UK focused): has cross-sectoral reach, covering what’s happening in multiple areas of the industry around the world.
- OECD Education Today blog: published by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD); discusses existing and emerging issues in education, including skills for the 21st century, developments in higher education and more.
- IIE blog: published by the Institute of International Education, a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to advance international education and access to education worldwide.
- ICEF Monitor: belongs to International Consultants for Education and Fairs (ICEF) and is a market intelligence resource for the international education industry.
- NAFSA blog: belongs to the North American Association of International Educators and discusses the importance and impact of international education, public policies that promote educational exchanges, innovative approaches to making the college experience more international, tools and resources for international educators as well as news about the organisation.
- IEAA blog (focused on Australia): belongs to the International Education Association of Australia, a non-profit organisation which works to empower professionals, engage institutions and enhance Australia’s reputation as a provider of world-class education.
- British Council Voices blog: features what the British Council is doing to build relationships between the UK and other countries – through their work in education, society, arts and English.
- DrEducation: International Higher Education blog: belongs to by Dr. Rahul Choudaha, international higher education strategist who writes, speaks and advises on internationalisation of higher education.
- Dr Escotet’s scholarly blog: published by Miguel Escotet, vice-president of Latin American Educational Association and the International Forum on University Innovation, whose research focuses on higher education reforms, planning, evaluation and innovation as well as and on development of research methodology in cross-cultural and transnational studies.
- Emma Sabzalieva: Higher Education and Social Change in Central Asia: written by Emma Sabzalieva, university manager/administrator in the UK, the blog discusses higher education in Asia.
- Popenici: belongs to Dr. Stefan Popenici, academic whose research and work are focused on learning and teaching in higher education, imagination, creativity and innovation, educational leadership, student engagement, equity and internationalisation of higher education. The blog is a space for critical analysis in higher education.
- Blog HighEd: compiles blogs on higher education topics from around the web.
- GlobalHigherEd: weblog designed to highlight and then archive information about new developments (eg new policies or development projects), resources (eg reports, websites), analytical networks, etc so as to better track what is happening with respect to the construction of new globalised knowledge/spaces.
- Erasmus+ UK: provides Erasmus+ updates for international educators in the UK
- llpUKecorys (European Union’s Lifelong Learning Programme and Ecorys): a place where the people and projects involved in the programmes can reflect on and discuss their ideas and experiences.
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education: source of critical news, information and commentary on the full range of issues concerning diversity in American higher education.
- Global Career Compass: Navigating Career Pathways for Students and International Educators: focuses on global workforce trends and the impact of education abroad experiences on student career development.
In addition to the general interest resources, you might want to check out the following technology and marketing blogs:
- EDUCAUSE Review Online: is the association’s open-access digital publication for the higher education IT community.
- edCetera: provides insight and analysis, features expert opinions and offers real examples of how people on college campuses are using technology to navigate the changing world of higher education.
- Edutopia: practical classroom strategies and tips from real educators, as well as lesson ideas, personal stories, and innovative approaches to improving teaching practices.
- Edudemic: features tools, tips, resources, visuals related to education technology.
- Higher Ed Marketing: published by Andrew Careaga, Communications Director for Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA, it is a blog about branding, marketing and PR in higher education.
- HighEdWebTech: features articles on marketing, communications and web development in higher education.
- Higher Ed Analytics: provides web analytics tips to higher education professionals.
- Higher Education Marketing: belongs to Higher Education Marketing, a digital marketing agency that works with colleges and universities to increase their ROI through analytics-driven marketing solutions.
We’re sure there are many other resources to add to the list. If you have any suggestions, let us know in the comments below or tweet @TheEAIE.