This member magazine delivers topical reports and features on the internationalisation of higher education, plus important news from the field and the Association to all EAIE members.
Forum is published three times a year, in spring, summer and winter. Keep up to date with the latest trends in international education and share your views and opinions with a global readership through this revered publication.
Spring Forum 2015
Theme: Equity in access
As we head towards 2015 and the deadline year for the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), a growing focus of the international education community is on access to international education, and issues of equity. One of the MDGs proposed that we should ‘Eliminate gender disparity in primary and secondary education preferably by 2005, and at all levels by 2015’. How close are we to meeting this goal? Gender is not the only barrier that some experience in international higher education: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) students, students from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds, mature students, students with disabilities, migrant students, etc, may also experience discrimination.
The spring issue of Forum will explore the following issues:
- Gender imbalances in mobility, academia and leadership
- Gender mainstreaming
- The non-traditional and minority students (eg Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) students, students from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds, mature students, students with children, students with disabilities, migrant students)
- Financing equity in access (eg scholarship programmes for non-traditional learners)
- Services supporting equity in access (eg preparing and supporting non-traditional students and staff prior to/during their trip abroad)
- Delivery systems enhancing equity in access
- Entry, retention and success rates
- Culture of home and host societies
We welcome articles on these topics and their associated affects on international higher education. Please submit your 800–1200 word article for review by 2 February 2015 to email@example.com
Past Forum interviews
Forum includes interviews with leading figures in the field. Past interviewees have included:
Jan Muehlfeit – Chairman of Microsoft Europe Corporation
Jane Knight – adjunct professor and thought leader in international education
Sebastiaan den Bak – Dutch policy advisor and European Parliament candidate
Jack Uldrich – global futurist and best-selling author
Caroline Casey – social entrepreneur who put Ireland on the accessibility map
Christian Stadil – owner of leading sports and fashion brand Hummel
Leymah Gbowee – Nobel Peace laureate and Liberian peace activist
Jo Ritzen – longest serving (former) Dutch Minister for Education and former president of the World Bank
Emmanuel Davidenkoff – Directeur de la rédaction de l'Etudiant
Robert Swan – polar explorer, environmental leader
Noam Chomsky – American linguist, philosopher, cognitive scientist, historian, and activist.