Become a speaker
Share your knowledge and best practice examples with a prime audience of higher education professionals by leading or chairing a session, workshop, poster session or Ignite© session at the EAIE Conference.
The call for session and workshop proposals for the 2015 EAIE Conference will open in autumn 2014.
What are we looking for?
Each year we look for new, quality driven content for conference sessions, workshops, posters and e-posters that will actively engage participants. The Conference Programme Committee (CPC) assesses all proposals before providing feedback and outcomes in February.
The CPC looks for proposals that:
- Link to the conference theme, 'Stepping into a new era'
- Explore trends and developments in the field
- Share best practices and innovative solutions
- Examine controversial topics that evoke debate and discussion
The EAIE Expert Communities assist the CPC in selecting proposals for the conference. A number of Expert Communities have suggested some current and relevant topics which may help to give you some ideas for your proposal.
Tips for submitting a successful proposal
To give your proposal the best chance of being accepted, follow our useful tips:
- Read through the submission information specific to the sessions, Ignite© session, workshops and poster sessions to learn about the format, dates, contributor information, assessment criteria and more.
- Download the sample forms to help you prepare your proposal thoroughly with fellow contributors in advance of submitting via the online process: session, Ignite© session, workshop and poster session.
- Choose a short and catchy title for your proposal.
- When applicable, ensure that you include contributors from various institutions/countries and a variety of viewpoints.
- Check out the 2013 Conference Programme to see what's been done before.
- Ensure your proposal is complete. Only complete proposals will be considered for review.
The conference runs from a Tuesday to a Friday. Workshops are held on Tuesday for the entire day (09.00–17.00) and on Wednesday morning. Sessions are held from Wednesday afternoon until Friday afternoon. By submitting a proposal for a session or workshop, contributors agree to be available on all the relevant dates specified.