Forum magazine and Blog
The EAIE author community is ever expanding. We welcome submissions from members and non-members alike, and from internationalisation professionals in all capacities. You can find specific information on how to contribute to our two main platforms below.
Forum is the EAIE member magazine, published three times a year in spring, summer and winter. The magazine is themed, approaching just one single issue from multiple angles and a range of geographies each time. As soon as a theme and deadline are known, we open a general call for articles. Upcoming theme descriptions can be found on this page. Submissions can be sent to EAIE Publications. EAIE members receive the magazine in print at home, but can also access it online.
Winter Forum submission deadline: 7 October
Managing internationalisation: the new international officer
As internationalisation of higher education continues to evolve, management is central to successfully advancing these efforts. This issue highlights some of the best practices and challenges in the management of internationalisation. Special focus goes to the International Officers (IOs) who are at the heart of these developments. The profile and skills needed to manage internationalisation are plentiful; IOs work in a multitude of institutional and cultural settings and cooperate with diverse stakeholders such as senior management and academics. While there is not a defined path to pursuing a career in this field, there are general competencies. Potential article topics include:
- Who is the European international officer of today?
- The professionalisation of the IO in Europe: How do you make a career in internationalisation?
- The role of IOs in integrated or ‘comprehensive’ internationalisation
- Blended professionals managing internationalisation
- Reflective practice: the IO as a ‘practitioner-researcher’
- Academics and administrators: fostering cooperation
- Managing up and managing down: working with diverse stakeholders
- Communicating internally and externally: addressing diverse audiences
- Managing internationalisation in different institutional settings
- Managing entrepreneurial internationalisation
- Generation gap? Leveraging the perspectives of new and long-time staff within one international office
The EAIE blog is an accessible, quick way to get your ideas out into the world. Share your expertise and best practices, and discuss opinions and current events. Blog posts are promoted on all of our social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn), reaching thousands of international educators.